Sarah Palin...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sarah Palin will again drop the first puck, this time at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis on Friday. Gosh, I thought that the NHL learned its lesson about mixing politics and hockey when Palin dropped the puck in Philadelphia with the type of recption she got. What I don't get is why St. Louis of all places? I understand Philadelphia, more like I pretend to, where she dropped the first puck because she has a working relationship with the Flyers owners, but what's her connection with the Blues? Look I know that having Palin involved in hockey is PR for the league and her, the self proclaimed "hockey mom", but hockey is hockey, and politics is politics, where's the common ground? I got nothing against Palin, but having her dropping the puck at games kind of makes the NHL look like a joke. You don't see McCain throwing the first pitch at the World Series, or Barak Obama singing God Bless America at a Bears game, or Joe Biden doing whatever they do at a NBA game, so why does the NHL need Sarah Palin anywhere near the game?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP